Entertainment Lawyer | Divorce Lawyer | Mediator
Whether I am representing an entertainment professional or entity negotiating contracts, a spouse separating from their partner, or helping other lawyers mediate resolutions to disputes for their clients, I have a few key themes to my practice:
Collaborative Working Relationships with Clients
We are in this together. It is important that I understand a client’s short and long terms goals, and that they are fully engaged in the decision-making process. Having your attorney as your accountability partner can help you identify blind spots you may not perceive because you are too connected to the action.
I became a certified mediator because I believe mediation is the most effective way to resolve disputes. When the parties take ownership of the details of solving a problem, they are much more likely to take ownership of, understand and commit to the results. I help other attorneys mediate resolutions for their clients. I also help unrepresented parties through the mediation process.
It is important to be prepared. In the unfortunate event negotiations and mediation do not accomplish a settlement, they provide the building blocks for presenting a streamlined case that best represents your position in litigation.
I do not take for granted the need to be flexible in my approach. What worked in one case may not be productive or progressive in another. It is my job to figure out what does work for you.
My first step as your attorney involves a consultation, but in reality this is a conversation where we talk about your goals and what brought you to see me for advice. I will educate and empower you to make good decisions. I provide options and advice. You make choices. To have an element of control, at least over the chosen path forward, is the beginning of the next phase of your journey. Let’s talk about where you want to go.
- University of South Carolina, B.S. Business Administration (1995)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (2003)
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Certified South Carolina Family Court Mediator
- Certified North Carolina Family Financial Mediator
- North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist
Honors & Associations
- Mecklenburg County Family Law Task Force; former Member.
- Safe Alliance; Volunteer and Fundraiser.
- Justice Initiatives; Volunteer and Fundraiser.
- Mecklenburg County Bar Family Law Section; Member and former Co-Chair.
- North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Council; Member and former FLS Council Member.
- York County Bar Association Family Law Section; Member.
- South Carolina Bar Association Family Law Section; Member.
- South Carolina Mock Trial; Judge for Middle and High School Competitions.
- University of South Carolina School of Law; Alumni Event Planning 2018.
- “Ethics & Professionalism” – Speaker, In-house Presentation for Missouri Law Firm
- “International Custody Issues” – Missouri and Illinois Bar Family Law Sections
- “How to Use Experts in a Domestic Litigation Case” – Speaker, Mecklenburg County Bar